Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why Am I Looking At Flowers Now?

www.weddinglater.com
Looking at anything other than a venue this early in the game is just ridiculous. I realize that the general consensus is to choose a venue first and then worry about the other details of your wedding, but consider this, shouldn't a budget be set first and foremost.

I mean if it was me and I had unlimited resources then the sky would be the limit and to hell with the costs, but since I do have a firm grasp on reality I understand that budgets need to be set.

Therefore, you have me a Bridezilla on a Budget. Note: I may be on budget, but I'll still make it do what it do. Then in my opinion you need to decide on how many people you want to invite to the wedding to make sure that those people can and will be able to fit comfortably at the chosen venue. I mean I realized today I spent two hours trying to decide on floral arrangements that there are more pressing matters that need to be addresses first. Granted I did find some amazing deals on beautiful bouquets from SilkFlowerFactory.Com and BunchesDirect.Com.

Later I went with my mother to visit World of Flowers in Durham, NC. She spoke very highly of the quality of work and I was happily convinced once the owner informed me she could create exactly what I wanted. She explained that since my wedding is a year away that the prices of my flower the calla lily could change by the time I was ready to order.

Mrs. Judy Edwards, the florist was very helpful to talk to about what I desired for my wedding. Her best tip was that "If the bridesmaids dresses are a dark color (lapis), then it is better to choose a brighter colored flower otherwise the bouquets are washed out." I agreed and decided to go with large white calla lily bouquets and boutonnieres for the bridal party, while I can still have a purple/white calla lily and rose bouquet. I do have to stand-out after all. And all within my price range. Flowers covered.

 
Here's My List of To Do's:
Step 1: Set a REALISTIC budget
Step 2: Decide what type of wedding you want? Be it traditional, outdoors, Vegas style or etc.
Step 3: Choose Venue for Wedding/Reception & Decide on number of Patrons
Step 4: Choose Date  - Now this could certain depend on if the venue is highly desired or the time of season that you intend to get married. For instance, some locations operate on a lottery system and, therefore one must come prepared with multiple dates for their wedding.
Step 5: Choose Bridal and Groom Party while simultaneously choosing color scheme. Note: Chose more bridesmaids and grooms men than you need,because you never know when you have to kick someone to the curb. Make them sign bridal contracts that state if you f-up and piss the bride or groom off then they are not responsible for the money you have spent on the wedding.


bouquetbridal.blogspot.com

BunchesDirect.com

I'm going to start with these because they are most important and take up a good portion of the budget.
*I love these bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment