Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wedding Recap

The wedding of my dreams is over 400 days away and I have to say that I am glad to stress now rather than later. I want all the information down on the books and the proposed budget to be realized before it gets down to crunch time. After looking at cakes, flowers, caters, and the like I realized that I was over budget by almost $1000. I believe that we can have an exceptionally beautiful and classy wedding on a budget and my fiance agrees with me, so after careful consideration we were able to make some needed changes.

One: Choose another photographer that offers everything we are looking for in quality of work, coverage time, full copyright of photos, printing of photos included in price, and a price that fits our budget. Even after all considerations were done were still looking at $1000 for a photography. Oh well, we want to be able to remember our day and have the best pictures to prove it.

Koyalwholesale.com
Two: I will downsize my bridal bouquet and use silk flowers for my bridesmaids or some beautiful silk fans that will defintely be helpful for our summer wedding. Also, this allows for the wedding flower budget to be lowered by at least $100. I believe that my bouquet should be the big bundle on campus, so the bridesmaids don't need flowers anyway.

Three: Cupcakes over a large wedding cake that most people are not going to be eating. Wedding cakes are often not eaten by majority of the guest and it is a sunk cost that you can not get your money back for if it isn't eaten. The cupcake idea works best in my opinion because it can also double as a wedding flavor. Two for one.
LoveBitesCookies

Four: What they don't know or realize,will not hurt them or wedding budget. Plastic flatware that resembles real silverware at a fraction of the cost. Was thinking of renting the silverware, glassware, and plates but the expenses still add up. Smartyhadaparty.com has become my new best friend. The prices are in bulk and offer a variety of wedding items to choose from.

Five: Food is good for the soul, so why not have the comfort foods that we know and love. I went to a family cook out this week and fell in love all over again with my favorite Aunt Pattie's food and the presentation. She made food that everyone would love and I still get my country loving in the process. Family will still prepare the food except the menu items will be a lot more cost efficent to make for a large group of people.

Nonetheless, I know that our wedding will be beautiful and the wedding our dreams. So, I'm a bridezilla on a budget and I will get what I want. While making my hubby to be happy as well with the wedding decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment