Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Say Yes to The Dress Twice

The Moment:
The first time I went wedding dress shopping was due to complete boredom. I walked into David’s Bridal with my best friends and looked at a dress and said "That is an ugly dress." It would figure that the one dress I singled out as unattractive would be the winner. It was the end of the day and I still hadn’t found the dress that made me want to shout and run around the store, so we decided to look at dresses I didn’t like.

First Dress at David's Bridal - Not Winner

Once I put on my dress it was a feeling I can’t really explain. Everyone gasped when I came out, but I still couldn’t see myself and I thought I looked bad in it. As I turned around and looked at myself my world just stopped. I looked in the mirror and saw myself as Mrs. Felicia Bond. My best friends started crying and made the situation all the more emotional. There were butterflies in my stomach, my body felt warm all over and I just couldn’t stop looking at myself. It felt so good I wanted to call Reuben and show him what I looked like. I wanted him to see the look on my face and the way I couldn’t stop smiling. I knew that if I stopped smiling I would cry like a big dramatic bridezilla in the store. Regardless, I knew that in this amazing dress the man I love more than life itself would believe that I was the most beautiful bride he would ever see in his life.
I tried looking at other dress, but none of them came close to the same feelings or look I wanted. I guess thats why they say once you've found your dress grab it and run.



A couple of weeks later I returned with my mother and my aunt Pattie. I felt I had cheated them on the experience of wedding dress shopping with me, so we went back to David’s Bridal. Truthfully, I was looking forward to the water works that would occur between the two of them. It was the look on their faces as they saw me in my wedding dress that made me breakdown with them. They looked so happy and proud that I couldn’t hold back. The afternoon began with three red faced women laughing and crying in a crowed bridal store. A memory I will carry with me for life.
My original bridal consultant Jessica came and gave me a hug and told me to make a wish and ring the wedding bell. I made my wish and said “yes to the dress.” The biggest surprise and moment of the day came when my mother bought my wedding dress for me. I couldn’t stop smiling and even did a happy dance in the street.
I told my fiancĂ© that I got my wedding dress and he replied, “I know you’ll be breathtakingly beautiful in your dress.” I knew from that simple comment that he would more than likely make me want to cry as I walk down the aisle to meet my future husband.
Wedding Dress Shopping Advice from a Budget Bridezilla
Never let a budget stop you from getting the dress of your dreams. You generally only get one dress, so make it count.
Be reasonable as well. If you have a $500 to $1000 wedding dress budget don’t get crazy and try to buy the $5,000 designer dress from Kleinfield Bridal.
Go in the bridal boutiques with an open mind and try styles that you wouldn’t normally consider.
Take people you love and trust with you. Although, I would exclude the overly opinionated and/pr potentially jealous friend from the mix.
Remember to have fun and take your time.
When you find your dress, don't forget to do the happy dance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment