Monday, February 6, 2012

Mothers Day Out

Even though having order in planning a wedding is important, sometimes you just have to go with the flow. When opportunities arise to look at new things then you should take it. For example, my future mother-in-law, Mrs. Bond, wanted to go look at tuxedos with my fiancĂ© Reuben and I. I thought hey why not.  We could get him sized and just maybe she will agree that Reuben looks better in a black tux instead of a gray one.
Suites for the Men - Mens Warehouse

                By the end of the trip to Men’s Warehouse she was on my side and I decide that Reuben should wear a black tux with silver accents and the groomsmen shall wear black tuxedos with lapis (purple) accents. The helpful young man at the store suggested that the groom and groomsmen be fitted for their tuxes at least four to six months ahead of time.

The next day we decided to go look at florists, food for the wedding, and decide if we were going to rent/or buy the decorations for the reception. The journey was long and surprisingly fun with my mom and future mother-in-law. For flowers and food we looked at World of Flowers, BJs, and Sam’s Club. Then Michaels to look at wedding decorations. Found some really cool stuff at Michaels, but that's a post for another day. Back to the point. Pricing wise it is very convenient to cater the wedding ourselves, but issues could arise with regard to venues having preferred venue notations.
Michaels.com

My mother and future mother-in-law were very helpful and made the trip all the more fun. Mrs. Bond and my mom gave the best advice at the end of the day. “It’s your wedding and can invite or not invite anyone that you think will be a problem. Feelings aside this is your wedding and you shouldn’t have to worry about other people on your special day.” I couldn’t agree more. It would definitely cut the guest list down if I excluded a couple of people that might pose a problem at the wedding.

                We ended the night by eating at Applebee’s and meeting up with my future husband-to-be Reuben for dinner. As we waited for his arrival we took to adding the groom’s side of the family to the guest list and thought of friends, church members, and co-workers we would want to invite. The day out with the moms made me realize how glad I am that I do have a close relationship with the both of them. Reuben and I are both happy that we have their love and support in moving with our decision to get married. That is almost the best feeling out of the whole wedding experience besides for the nuptials.  
Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment